Sankt Martin und Sankt Hadelin

Place de la Collégiale, 4600 Visé

Gebäudeprofil

Stiftskirche
Neogotisch
Katholische Kirche

Praktische Informationen

Orgel
Orgel
Zugang für Behinderte
Zugang für Behinderte
Die Kirche ist berühmt für ihren Heiligenschrein des St. Hadelin und ist ein Meisterwerk der Romanik.

Über dieses Gebäude

Original erhalten ist nur der gotische Chor von 16e Jahr. Das Gotteshaus wurde mehrmals zerstört. Das letzte Mal am 10. August 1914, als es von den Deutschen in Brand gesetzt wurde.

Der Wiederaufbau erfolgte 1924. Zu jener Zeit wurde auch die Kapelle mit den Reliquien des St. Hadelin errichtet. Dieser war Mönch und Schüler des Hl. Remacle und lebte im 7. Jh. im nahe des Flusses Lesse gelegenen Celles. Im Jahre 1046 wurden die Reste des Heiligen in einen mit Silberreliefs verzierten Schrein gebettet. Es handelt sich um ein Meisterwerk der...

Original erhalten ist nur der gotische Chor von 16e Jahr. Das Gotteshaus wurde mehrmals zerstört. Das letzte Mal am 10. August 1914, als es von den Deutschen in Brand gesetzt wurde.

Der Wiederaufbau erfolgte 1924. Zu jener Zeit wurde auch die Kapelle mit den Reliquien des St. Hadelin errichtet. Dieser war Mönch und Schüler des Hl. Remacle und lebte im 7. Jh. im nahe des Flusses Lesse gelegenen Celles. Im Jahre 1046 wurden die Reste des Heiligen in einen mit Silberreliefs verzierten Schrein gebettet. Es handelt sich um ein Meisterwerk der Kunst des Maasgebietes in Sarkophagform und ist mit Silberplatten verziert, die Episoden aus dem Leben des Heiligen illustrieren (ca. 1160). Dieser Schrein befindet sich in Visè, einem Ort, wohin 1338 von Celles kommend die Mönche des Hadelin-Ordens geflohen sind.

Außer dem Schrein verdienen in Der Kirche eine Heiligenbüste (14e und 17e Jahr.), ein Flachrelief von Jean Del Cour, ein Chorpult und die Orgel besondere Aufmerksamkeit.

KIKIRPA : Photothek online

Mehr lesenWeniger lesen

Bemerkenswerte Elemente

Châsse de saint Hadelin

The shrine of St. Hadelin is a remarkable work of art by the Meuse goldsmith. On the inside it...

The shrine of St. Hadelin is a remarkable work of art by the Meuse goldsmith. On the inside it contains three cases, two of which contain the primary relics of Saint Hadelin, Aquitaine missionary, in the footsteps of Saint Remaclus. The saint founded a community in Celles. The third case contains all kinds of objects (glove comb, coral, etc.) from the 11th century. The work of art is special because of its ten reliefs in emitted silver. The two gables from 1046 represent Christ as warrior and judge. On the long side walls are 8 scenes of the life of Saint Hadelin, ranging from a dream that reveals his mission to his funeral, with now the reception of his first pupils and his miracles. The canons of Celles fled to Visé in 1338.


Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Mehr lesen Weniger lesen

Buste-reliquaire de saint Hadelin

Arriving at Visé, the canons were welcomed with open arms. In order to put their patron saint in...

Arriving at Visé, the canons were welcomed with open arms. In order to put their patron saint in the spotlight, they took the saint's skull from the shrine and a sculptor realised a wooden bust around 1400, rather solemn, in which the skull was incorporated. In the 17th century, the cantor of the chapter, canon de Bloquerie, had this bust renovated on the occasion of his jubilee as a priest. He asked Jean Goesin to carry out a baroque renovation of the work of art. Every year, on the third Sunday in September, the statue is carried around in the procession. There is a lively veneration around this saint. He is called upon for children who can walk a little later than usual.

Mehr lesen Weniger lesen

Vitraux du choeur

Les murs du choeur ne furent pas trop abimés lors de l'incendie du 10 août 1914. Les 3 vitraux...
Les murs du choeur ne furent pas trop abimés lors de l'incendie du 10 août 1914. Les 3 vitraux antérieurs présentent à gauche : saint Martin, patron des arquebusiers (don de la Compagnie armée, par l'atelier Nicolas de Roermond, 1897), quatre épisodes de la vie de saint Hadelin (don de la famille Dumoulin, par l'atelier Nicolas de Roermond, 1893) et saint Georges, patron des arbalétriers (don de la Compagnie armée, par Louis de Contini, 1896).
La muraille et les vitraux furent restaurés au début du XXIe s et offerts à la vue du public en 2010. Un nouveau vitrail s'est ajouté aux baies du choeur, oeuvre de l'atelier Pirotte, et inauguré en 2013.
Mehr lesen Weniger lesen

Autel majeur

The main altar was also, with the stained glass windows and sacristies, somewhat spared by the...

The main altar was also, with the stained glass windows and sacristies, somewhat spared by the fire of August 10, 1914. Having won a grand prize at the Liège exhibition in 1905, the work of the Wilmotte workshop was restored in 1926. It evokes the image of sacrifice. Since Vatican II, this monumental work has remained the testimony of the offices of yesteryear.

Mehr lesen Weniger lesen

Lutrin-pélican

The lectern-pelican is the gift of another singer of the chapter, Pierre Rochart. This is not...

The lectern-pelican is the gift of another singer of the chapter, Pierre Rochart. This is not surprising because the lectern was used to hold the antiphonary, a liturgical book containing the noted parts of the office. From a story by Saint Augustine that reminds us that the bird kills its young with beaks, mourns and after three days there is a wound whose blood gives life to the young. A wonderful image of the risen Christ, but by no means attested by ethology.

Mehr lesen Weniger lesen

Bas-relief

The bas-relief of Jean del Cour is located in the narthex. Damaged during the fire started by...

The bas-relief of Jean del Cour is located in the narthex. Damaged during the fire started by German troops on August 10, 1914, it now features only a white marble medallion with the profiles of Denis de Charneux and Catharine Pernode, draped in antique style. Their son, a lawyer from Charneux, wanted to honour his parents with this important work by Jean del Cour (1631-1707) at the end of his life (in 1682).

Mehr lesen Weniger lesen

+32 495 49 63 91

Das Etikett

Std

Offen

Montag09:00–16:00
Dienstag09:00–16:00
Mittwoch09:00–16:00
Donnerstag09:00–16:00
Freitag09:00–16:00
Samstag09:00–16:00
Sonntag09:00–16:00
Feiertage Geschlossen

Gebäude in der Nähe

Notre-Dame du Mont Carmel
Notre-Dame de Lorette
Saint-Firmin
Onze-Lieve-Vrouw ten Hemelopneming
Saint-Lambert
Saint-Lambert
Saint-Servais

Kommentare (0)

Noch kein Kommentar hinzugefügt