About this building
The present building, rebuilt in 1648 and the following years by the parish council, succeeded a Romanesque chapel. An imposing porch bell-tower, for which time must be taken to admire all the details, is the facade of this beautiful building that is 48 m. long.
The interior of the church was entirely restored and richly decorated during the 19th century. The nave, with 8 richly decorated chapels, is...
The present building, rebuilt in 1648 and the following years by the parish council, succeeded a Romanesque chapel. An imposing porch bell-tower, for which time must be taken to admire all the details, is the facade of this beautiful building that is 48 m. long.
The interior of the church was entirely restored and richly decorated during the 19th century. The nave, with 8 richly decorated chapels, is roofed with an impressive wooden structure in the shape of an overturned boat hull.
The choir/sanctuary, whose walls are covered with woodwork that came from the Chartreuse of Val-Dieu, continues with a five sided apse. The admirable main altar (1702) by Michel Chevalier, is in white stone from the Perche and black marble from Sablé, with gilded and polychrome wood. The central painting (1705) is the work of the Parisian painter Jacques Oudry.
The monumental baptismal fonts of 1684, is carved of chalk stone with stucco ornaments and is an original work by the master-carver from Le Mans, Durand. The triple cistern, decorated with leaves, leans against a reredo with three panels decorated with carvings and statues; in the centre the Baptism of Christ, and in the side recesses are angels. Red marble columns frame it all.
Remarkable elements
Les boiseries entourant le chœur (XVIIIe s.)
Les trumeaux des...
Les trumeaux des portes, signés de G. Martin, de Montpellier (1768) représentent saint Paul ermite visité par saint Antoine et saint Bruno.
Le Maître-Autel et son retable (XVIIIe s.)
L'ensemble est protégé au titre des Monuments Historiques.
Les fonts baptismaux (XVIIe s.)
“La transfiguration” (1706)
Protégé au titre des...
Protégé au titre des Monuments Historiques.
“Jésus marchant sur les eaux” (1869)
La Chapelle Boucicaut
Les fondateurs du Bon Marché (Paris) sont restés attachés à leurs origines et ont embelli une...
Les fondateurs du Bon Marché (Paris) sont restés attachés à leurs origines et ont embelli une des chapelles en 1877 avec le talent de nombreux artistes qui ont sculpté la pierre et le marbre, la mosaïque, créé les vitraux et travaillé le bronze.
La Chapelle est protégée au titre des Monuments Historiques.
Labels
Hours
Open
To find out more
Sunday 10.30 am














Comments (0)