Nos événements
thematic hike
Saturday 5 June, 09:00 19:00
Sunday 6 June, 09:00 19:00
Saint Dionysius - L-8610 (Buschrodt)
Image
Walk along the wayside crosses and chapels between Wahl and Buschrodt
Length: 6 or 9 km
A map and brief information in German is available in the churches of Wahl and Buschrodt.
Rue Principale, L-8610 Wahl (Buschrodt)
05 June 2021 - 09:00 to 19:00
06 June 2021 - 09:00 to 19:00
Event Host Building
Saint Dionysius
Up until the 19th century, Buschrodt formed part of the parish of Wahl. However, by 1570, the locality already had its own chapel, dedicated to Saint Lawrence.
The parish of Buschrodt was established in 1837. In 1846, the Diekirch architect Pierre Biver (1823-1871), drew up the plans for a church, though it was only constructed in1854. In 1877, Nicolas Adames, the first Bishop of Luxembourg, consecrated the church, which was dedicated to Saint Denis.
By the middle of the 20th century, the vaulting had become dilapidated and was replaced by a ceiling of wooden beams. At the same time the wall paintings were removed.
The parish of Buschrodt was established in 1837. In 1846, the Diekirch architect Pierre Biver (1823-1871), drew up the plans for a church, though it was only constructed in1854. In 1877, Nicolas Adames, the first Bishop of Luxembourg, consecrated the church, which was dedicated to Saint Denis.
By the middle of the 20th century, the vaulting had become dilapidated and was replaced by a ceiling of wooden beams. At the same time the wall paintings were removed.
Building profile
Church
Classical
Catholic Church
Add to Favorites
Remove from Favorites
Add to Favorites
Hours
Open
Monday09:00–19:00
Tuesday09:00–19:00
Wednesday09:00–19:00
Thursday09:00–19:00
Friday09:00–19:00
Saturday09:00–19:00
Sunday09:00–19:00
