Nos événements

Look for the red thread!

Friday 4 June, 09:00 17:00
Saturday 5 June, 09:00 17:00
Sunday 6 June, 09:00 17:00
Saint Amandus - 9406 (Outer-Herlinckhove)
Image
Look for the red thread!

The Ninovites are “kaffeegieters”, they offer coffee to the pilgrims from Halle. In recent years, Outer Herlinckhove has become a modest place of pilgrimage in greater Ninove. Saint Father Damien and Saint Rita bring inspiration and perseverance.



Smid Lambrechtstraat, 9406 Ninove (Outer-Herlinckhove)
04 June 2021 - 09:00 to 17:00
05 June 2021 - 09:00 to 17:00
06 June 2021 - 09:00 to 17:00

Learn more about the building

Saint Amandus

Event Host Building

Saint Amandus

The earliest history of the church dates back to the 12th century. The church was originally owned by the abbey of Honnecourt. Only in 1709 did Outer get his own pastor.

Of the Gothic church, only the substructure of the west square tower has been preserved. The church was in a neglected state, according to the formal visiting reports around the middle of the 17th century. The choir was still covered with straw in 1698. In 1725 the church was thoroughly restored and equipped with a vault. In 1752 the roof and the walls of the tower were renovated: the wall anchors - 1752 - just below the reverberation holes testify to this. Three years later, the church was paved with natural blue stone and white marble.

In 1830, the place of worship was enlarged according to the plans of the architect J.B. Van Impe and a new choir was built in 1846. The church was also completely restored in 1972-1974.

The Sint-Amanduskerk consists of a three naves ship under one roof, with an integrated western tower, a three-sided enclosed choir and a north and south sacristy. In terms of interior, the 16th-century baptismal font, two 17th-century marbled porch altars, and the 18th-century beautifully sculpted paneling, steward's bench, choir stalls and pulpit. The organ dates from 1931 and was built by the Reygaert brothers from Geraardsbergen.

Ten stained glass windows were restored in 2002 under the leadership of Aletta Rambaut, art historian. The current restoration of the interior and exterior started in March 2017 under the supervision of architects Van Severen and was completed in 2019.
The parish church of Outer was protected as a monument on August 1, 1986.

KIKIRPA : Photo-library online


Building profile

Church
Gothic
Catholic Church

Practical information

Graveyard
Graveyard
Pilgrimage site
Pilgrimage site
Disabled access
Disabled access

Hours

Open

Monday09:00–17:00
Tuesday09:00–17:00
Wednesday09:00–17:00
Thursday09:00–17:00
Friday09:00–17:00
Saturday09:00–17:00
Sunday09:00–17:00