Nos événements
bicycle tour between Ehlange, Sprikange and Limpach
Saturday 4 June, 14:00 17:00
Sunday 5 June, 14:00 17:00
Saint-Nicolas - L-4499 (Limpach)
Image
Rue Centrale, L-4499 Reckange-sur-Messe (Limpach)
04 June 2022 - 14:00 to 17:00
05 June 2022 - 14:00 to 17:00
Event Host Building
Saint-Nicolas
The present single-nave church was consecrated in 1782. It was later extended by one bay. The 3 baroque altars from 1725 were made by the Luxembourgian studio Greeff in Altwies. They form a beautiful, colourful ensemble and probably already stood in the predecessor church in Limpach. The coat of arms of the de Geisen family, which can also be found on the façade of the episcopal ordinariate in Luxembourg City, is enthroned on the gable above the entrance at a lofty height.
In the 19th century, when it was forbidden to bury bodies in the church itself, the Count's Chapel was added. The tombs of the de Villers, de la Fontaine and de Geisen families can still be found there today. Several epitaphs on the walls commemorate the deceased.
Some of the stained glass windows are signed Simminger & Schimberle, LUXEMBOURG 1911, others, more abstract, were painted by Gustave Zanter in 1970.
Building profile
Catholic Church
Add to Favorites
Remove from Favorites
Add to Favorites
