Nos événements
piano recital concert with Tingshuo Yang
Friday 18 November, 20:00 21:30
Saint Joseph - L-4106
Image
Born in 2004, Shanghai, China, Tingshuo Yang is an extraordinary and versatile young musician. Since 2013, he studies piano at the Conservatoire de Luxembourg under Prof. Jean Muller, and was awarded the famous music scholarship at Eton College, UK in 2018.
More information : https://web.cathol.lu/1/mouvements/ensemble-esch-2022/agenda/evenements-a-l-affiche-10482.html
Rue de l'Eglise, L-4106 Esch-sur-Alzette
18 November 2022 - 20:00 to 21:30
Event Host Building
Saint Joseph
The Saint Joseph Church was constructed between 1873 to 1877 in the Neo- Gothic style. The plans were the work of the Luxembourg architect Charles Arendt (1825-1910), who won the first prize in the competition. According to Michel Schmit (1936-2009), former diocesan conservator, it is one of the largest and most monumental historic churches of the greater region. The town’s population grew considerably in the middle of the 19th century because of the development of the coal and steel industry, and a large and awe-inspiring church was to replace the small old church from the early modern period. The church’s dedication changed from Saint John the Baptist to Saint Joseph, patron saint of workmen.
It is a stone Basilica with Gothic window openings and buttresses, a short nave and two towers above the side choirs as well as a single choir. The paintings which adorn the church, carried out by J. Schneider of Roxheim close to Bad Kreuznach in 1908, were covered by whitewash in the 1970s at the time of the liturgical reform and then restored in 2002 to their original state.
After the Second World War, a chapel was added to the side of the main door to honour the local residents who lost their lives in the conflict.
It is a stone Basilica with Gothic window openings and buttresses, a short nave and two towers above the side choirs as well as a single choir. The paintings which adorn the church, carried out by J. Schneider of Roxheim close to Bad Kreuznach in 1908, were covered by whitewash in the 1970s at the time of the liturgical reform and then restored in 2002 to their original state.
After the Second World War, a chapel was added to the side of the main door to honour the local residents who lost their lives in the conflict.
Building profile
Church
Neogothic
Catholic Church
Add to Favorites
Remove from Favorites
Add to Favorites
Hours
Open
Monday09:00–18:00
Tuesday09:00–18:00
Wednesday09:00–18:00
Thursday09:00–18:00
Friday09:00–18:00
Saturday09:00–18:00
Sunday09:00–18:00
