Nos événements

Saint Remy and Medard

Sunday 6 June, 00:00 00:00
Saint Remy and Medard - 7120 (Rouveroy)
Image
Saint Remy and Medard

Dimanche 6 juin 2010 :
8.00 - 18.00 : Exposition
de photos anciennes sur le village, ainsi que photos de classes
8.00 - 9.30 et 13.00 - 18.30 : Visites guidées
10.00 : Messe festive
célébrée par le curé-doyen de Binche et l'abbé Maurice Chanoine, curé émérite de Rouveroy
11.00 : Procession saint Médard dans les rues du village (départ de l'église)
Brocante dans la rue de l'église avec des loges foraines et possibilité de restauration.
Gratuit.
Info : 0497 72 65 47
Partenaire : Administration Communale d'Estinne (échevinat de la culture et du tourisme), Unité pastorale Binche-Estinnes, Conseil local de Pastorale.

Place Saint-Médard, 7120 Estinnes (Rouveroy)
06 June 2010 - 00:00 to 00:00

Learn more about the building

Saint Remy and Medard

Event Host Building

Saint Remy and Medard

The church, parts of which date back to the 15th century, contains a crypt where members of the de Bousies family, who are the generous donors to the church, were buried. The last person to be buried in the crypt was the Dowager Countess Adolphine Lienaux, who died in 1924 and was the widow of Count Gustave de Bousies.

Since at least the end of the 16th / beginning of the 17th century, the church has possessed a relic of Saint Medard which is in a reliquary offered by Isembart de Bousies and his wife Marguerite de Briart, whom he married in 1578 in Rouveroy.

It also has an organ (unfortunately not in working order) whose oldest part of the case dates from the end of the 17th century.

The building was classified by the Walloon Region in 1991, notably for its interior furnishings (marble altars, paintings, and organ).

KIKIRPA : Photo-library online

Building profile

Church
Catholic Church

Practical information

Pilgrimage site
Pilgrimage site
Organ
Organ
Disabled access
Disabled access

Hours

Closed

Additional information

The church is currently closed for restoration work.