Nos événements

Inauguration of the blue e-bike t'Our Looss d'Kierch am Duerf.

Saturday 3 June, 15:00 18:00
St John of Nepomuk - L-9990
Image
Inauguration of the blue e-bike t'Our Looss d'Kierch am Duerf.

15:00: Meeting point at the church in Weiswampach.

Presentation of the church by Norbert Morn, then round trip to Uren (Ouren) in Belgium. Stop with explanations at the churches along the way.

All are invited to come along, either by bike, e-bike or mini-bus. (+/-15 km with steep inclines)

At the end there will be a drink in the community hall in Beiler, donated by the commune of Weiswampach.

Register by 30 May: reception@naturpark-our.lu or T 90 81 88 - 1.

Kircheneck, L-9990 Weiswampach
03 June 2023 - 15:00 to 18:00

Learn more about the building

St John of Nepomuk

Event Host Building

St John of Nepomuk

After the old church became dilapidated and was demolished, It was not until 1870 that a new choir and sacristy were added, and in 1880 a tower. The parish of Wampach had a significant extension in the Middle Ages, it was, along with the parish of Niederbesslingen, one of the most important in the entire Ösling and belonged to the diocese of Liège. The territory was owned by the Abbey of Prüm.

In 1806, this changed and Weiswampach became a single parish for 200 years, until the reorganisation in the XXI century, when it became part of the new large parish of Ulflingen-Weiswampach.

On the feast of St. Donatus, the church's patron saint and protector against thunder and storms, inhabitants of many neighbouring villages went on pilgrimage to Weiswampach. Today, the procession still takes place annually at the fair on the first Sunday after Corpus Christi.

Building profile

Catholic Church

Hours

Open

Monday09:00–18:00
Tuesday09:00–18:00
Wednesday09:00–18:00
Thursday09:00–18:00
Friday09:00–18:00
Saturday09:00–18:00
Sunday09:00–18:00
Monday10:00–18:00
Tuesday10:00–18:00
Wednesday10:00–18:00
Thursday10:00–18:00
Friday10:00–18:00
Saturday10:00–18:00
Sunday10:00–18:00