Nos événements
Stories of resistance
Until 18 June, the Citadelle's Saint-Louis chapel is hosting thirteen stories by companions during the Resistance, nine of them from the Pas-de-Calais region.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Event Host Building
Saint Louis
It was desecrated between 1830 and 1866 and lost its religious function to be used for military purposes (drill hall, artillery depot, shop).
In 1867, Napoleon III had the entire décor altered during a major renovation campaign. A new allegorical and military décor was sculpted in the Flemish style. This profusion of ornamentation (rosettes, trophies, garlands, etc.) contrasted sharply with the sobriety of the original classical style. From then on, the chapel took on a composite appearance.
Having suffered during the First World War, it was subsequently restored and became a memorial in honour of the dead of the Engineers. Still consecrated, it has been listed as a historic monument since 1920. The Arras urban community acquired it in June 2010.
Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
Building profile
Hours
Open

