Nos événements

Art from the cupboard

Friday 30 May, 09:00 17:00
Saturday 31 May, 09:00 17:00
Sunday 1 June, 09:00 17:00
Sint-Rictrudis - 8647 (Reninge)
Image
Art from the cupboard

Objects used weekly at the time disappeared in cupboards behind closed doors. Many were donations or purchases when a new village shepherd was installed. They are silent witnesses to a rich religious heritage and therefore deserve to be highlighted.

Dorpplaats, 8647 Lo-Reninge (Reninge)
30 May 2025 - 09:00 to 17:00
31 May 2025 - 09:00 to 17:00
01 June 2025 - 09:00 to 17:00

Learn more about the building

Sint-Rictrudis

Event Host Building

Sint-Rictrudis

The Church of Saint Rictrudis, on the village square, is the parish church of Reninge. The parish is very old and probably reaches back to the tenth century; it is dedicated to Saint Rictrudis, whose relics were brought to Reninge in 1140.

The history of the building is one of trial and rising again. In 1597 the church of that time was plundered, then restored between 1598 and 1621 into a three-aisled late-Gothic hall church. On 9 March 1915 it was almost entirely destroyed by German shelling. From 1921 to 1923 it rose anew under the direction of the architects Charles Pil and Henri Carbon.

It is a three-aisled brick hall church, with a heavy front tower and a pseudo-transept, raised in yellow brick on a plinth of ferruginous sandstone. Four corner turrets with brick spires crown the parapet. Within are preserved, among others, a painting by Matthijs De Visch of the eighteenth century and a gilded wooden statue of Saint Rictrudis of about 1800. The church is listed among the protected monuments of Flanders.

Building profile

Abbey
Catholic Church