Nos événements

History of our chapels

Saturday 6 June, 14:00 17:00
Sunday 7 June, 14:00 17:00
Saint Hubert and Vincent - 3550 (Zolder)
Image
History of our chapels

We have four recognised chapels in our parish: St Anne’s, St Joseph’s, St Roch’s and the ‘White Chapel’. Through a walking and/or cycling tour, we aim to shed light on the history of these chapels and also draw attention to the many small wayside chapels.

Dorpstraat, 3550 Heusden-Zolder (Zolder)
06 June 2026 - 14:00 to 17:00
07 June 2026 - 14:00 to 17:00

Learn more about the building

Saint Hubert and Vincent

Event Host Building

Saint Hubert and Vincent

The neo-gothic church with three equally wide, long, and high naves dates back to 1889-1890, and is a creation by the architect Helleputte. Before that moment in time, there stood a roman church from the 13th century, which leaned-to a medieval motte or defense tower. In the 15th century, a tower was built on top of the existing defense tower. The current building was closed down in 1980 due to danger of collapse as a result of mine subsidence. From 2000 to 2004, a restoration was done on the building. To reinforce the foundation, a cellar space was dug out, which can later serve as a religious museum.

For each part of the build, a different material was used. The base of the tower was erected out of brown iron sandstone from the local quarries. The foundation consists of iron ore (chunks of raw material used in the production of iron) which came from the village of Bolderberg and the domain of Terlamen. For the superstructure and the more recent parts of the church, a marlstone coming from the city of Maastricht was used. One then switched to brick as a material for the further extension of the church in 1890.

The oldest parts of the interior are the sedes sapientiae from 1225 and a late Gothic baptismal font from 1550. Furthermore, there stands a baroque pulpit from 1691, that originally came from from the Augustinian convent from the city of Hasselt, a late Gothic statue of Philomena (17th century), a statue of Hubert from the first half of the 18th century, a statue of Saint Vincent and Saint Cornelius from that same time period. The communion rails are in rococo style, and the head altar is in neo-Gothic style. A Jesus on the cross is dedicated to Anthony van Dyck.

KIKIRPA : photo-library online


Building profile

Church
Catholic Church

Practical information

Graveyard
Graveyard
Disabled access
Disabled access
Toilets
Toilets
Kid’s Corner
Kid’s Corner

Hours

Open

Monday09:00–18:00
Tuesday09:00–18:00
Wednesday09:00–18:00
Thursday09:00–18:00
Friday09:00–18:00
Saturday09:00–18:00
Sunday09:00–18:00
Monday09:00–17:00
Tuesday09:00–17:00
Wednesday09:00–17:00
Thursday09:00–17:00
Friday09:00–17:00
Saturday09:00–17:00
Sunday09:00–17:00