Nos événements
Sainte-Remfroid
Event Host Building
Sainte-Remfroid
According to various sources, in 869 Pry was under the control of the abbey of Lobbes. Around 1012 the estate was given to the abbey of Florennes and then transferred to the monastery of the canonesses of Denain, near Arras in France. They built a sanctuary in Pry in honour of Saint Remfroid, their first abbess.
At the end of the 17th century, the abbess of Denain ceded the shrine to the abbey of Jardinet and in the 18th century the monks and parishioners of Pry decided to build a new church on the site of the shrine.
Gradually the villagers settled around this place and along the river, which was used as a driving force for the mill and for working limestone and marble.
Eglise de Pry - paroisse Sainte-Remfroid
