Nos événements
Saint Antony
Open church : free visit
Event Host Building
Saint Antony
The chapel of Saint Antony (1617) on the Father Damien Square is known not only for the pilgrimages to Saint Joseph but also for the crypt of the Holy Father Damien (1840-1889).
Jozef De Veuster, born in 1840 in Tremelo, entered the monastery adjoining the square. This monastery is part of the congregation of the Congregation of the Sacred Heart (also known as the Picpus).
Father Damien, who devoted his life to the lepers on Molokai, was beatified in 1995. He was also proclaimed “The Greatest Belgian” in 2005 and was canonised in 2009. A permanent exhibition in the chapel illustrates the story of his life.
The Damien centre (Sint Antoniusberg 5) is a documentation and meeting centre.
The chapel was enlarged and modernised in 1961-1962. Numerous votive tiles adorn the chapel of Saint Joseph.
Building profile
Hours
Open
Celebration times
during weekdays : 9 am
Saturday : 9 am
Sunday : 11 am
