Nos événements

Sint-Trudoabdij

Friday 3 June, 00:00 Sunday 5 June, 00:00
Sint-Trudoabdij - 8310 (Sint-Kruis)
Image
Sint-Trudoabdij

Vrijdag 3 juni

13.00 - 18.00

Zaterdag 4 juni en zondag 5 juni 2011 10.00 - 18.00

Tuinbeurs : Gardens of Excellence 2011 Inkom : 7 euro (kinderen tot 14 jaar : gratis)

Info : www.gardensofexcellence.be

Zondag 5 juni 2011

9.00 Hoogmis

18.00 Vespers

Pelderijnstraat, 8310 Brugge (Sint-Kruis)
03 June 2011 - 00:00 to 05 June 2011 - 00:00

Learn more about the building

Sint-Trudoabdij

Event Host Building

Sint-Trudoabdij

This abbey church is found in the West wing of the old castle of the Counts of Flanders. The buildings, which were restored and expanded in 1952-1972, currently house the convent of the canonesses of the Holy Sepulchre.

The church was designed by the architect A. Degeyter and was consecrated in 1956. The sobriety of this church is an invitation to meditation.

In the centre one finds the liturgical choir with the altar surmounted by a cross from the 15th century.
In the central nave of the church one finds on the left the Way of the Cross done by R. Vandeweghe and on the right stained glass windows where Saint Trudo and Saint Augustine are represented according to the plan by C. Martens.

In the choir of the sisters, the community meets together daily with the assembly for prayers and for the celebration of the Eucharist. It experiences the liturgy with the people, in solidarity with the local church and with the universal church. Beside the abbey is ‘Het Hooghe Huus’, the former town hall of the estate of Male, as well as an old pillory (‘pelderijn’).

Photo-library on-line

Building profile

Abbey
Catholic Church

Practical information

Organ
Organ
Disabled access
Disabled access
Toilets
Toilets

Hours

Closed