Nos événements
Sint-Audomarus
Zondag 5 juni 2011
Regelmatige tijdstippen tussen 14.00 - 17.00 Geleide bezoeken : Bezoekers krijgen uitleg over de glasramen, het meubilair, de priestergewaden en de verschillende kunstwerken
14.00 - 17.00 Tentoonstelling : Geschiedenis en bouw van de kerk
14.00 - 17.00 Fietsroute : De kerken van Alverigem worden via een fietsroute met elkaar verbonden. Brochure “Kerkenroute” verkijgbaar in de dienst Toerisme, Cultuur en Informatie en in alle kerken (gepubliceerd door het gemeentebestuur) - Voor de kinderen is er een fotozoektocht
Info: dienst Toerisme, Cultuur en Informatie, St.Rijkersstraat 19, 8690 Alveringem, 058 28 88 81, toerisme.cultuur@alveringem.be – www.alveringem.be
Gratis. Brochure : 3 euro
Event Host Building
Sint-Audomarus
For centuries the church of Saint Audomar has watched over the heart of Alveringem, ringed by its churchyard. This late-Gothic hall church carries a long memory: its choir dates back to the sixteenth century, while the south transept arm is dated by its wall anchors to 1656.
In June 1658 the building, and above all its tower, were destroyed by French troops from Condé; the rebuilding was completed in 1698, as an anchor on the west front records. It is a yellow-brick structure reinforced with ferruginous sandstone and roofed in slate, with a four-bay nave, a transept and a square crossing tower.
Inside, a panelled barrel vault crowns a rich furnishing: eighteenth-century woodwork with a Rococo flavour — altars, pulpit, confessionals and choir stalls —, a confessional of 1699 and a seventeenth-century marble font. Stone statues of Saint Anne, an Ecce Homo and a pietà, together with the 1775 organ by Pieter van Peteghem, complete this protected heritage.
