Nos événements
Sint-Audomaruskerk
Zondag 5 juni 2011
Regelmatige tijdstippen tussen 14.00 - 17.00 Geleide bezoeken : Bezoekers krijgen uitleg over de glasramen, het meubilair, de priestergewaden en de verschillende kunstwerken
14.00 - 17.00 Tentoonstelling : Kazuifels
14.00 - 17.00 Fietsroute : De kerken van Alverigem worden via een fietsroute met elkaar verbonden. Brochure “Kerkenroute” verkijgbaar in de dienst Toerisme, Cultuur en Informatie en in alle kerken (gepubliceerd door het gemeentebestuur) - Voor de kinderen is er een fotozoektocht
Info: dienst Toerisme, Cultuur en Informatie, St.Rijkersstraat 19, 8690 Alveringem, 058 28 88 81, toerisme.cultuur@alveringem.be – www.alveringem.be
Gratis. Brochure : 3 euro
Event Host Building
Sint-Audomaruskerk
The Church of Saint Audomar, also known as Saint Omer, rises on Sint-Brigidaplein in Beveren aan de IJzer, a village in the municipality of Alveringem, surrounded by its churchyard. It bears witness to a long history: the present building is a Gothic hall church of the fifteenth century.
The church is largely built of yellow brick. The ironstone of the earlier Romanesque church was reused in the central west gable and in the base of the two flanking crow-stepped gables, so that its older past remains present. The building was altered in 1761 and restored in 1888 under the direction of Louis Tulpinck. A heavy square crossing tower crowns the whole.
The central nave is covered by a wooden barrel vault. Among its treasures are a painting from around 1700 depicting Christ in the Garden of Olives comforted by an angel, and a wooden statue of Saint Eligius from the early eighteenth century. The church is listed in the inventory of architectural heritage.
