Nos événements
Saint John the Baptist
Open church : free visit
Event Host Building
Saint John the Baptist
The original Romanesque church was completely altered in the 16th century but was then burnt by French invaders in 1794. In 1908 a church hall and west tower were built in late Gothic style. Unfortunately this church was destroyed during the 1914- 18 war. It was then rebuilt a little hastily in 1922-23 in red brick with a base in ferruginous sandstone and a square tower with a hexagonal spire. It was renovated in 1973.
Inside, the walls are white and the barrel vault in wood. Furnishings are neo-gothic. 17th and 19th century paintings include “the murder of the three priests” and “Our Lady with Child” , wreathed in flowers.
In the village are two monuments commemorating three priests killed in 1568.
Building profile
Hours
Open


