Nos événements
Sint-Salvator
We zetten onze jongeren in de kijker. Leerlingen van de 6de klas van de tekenacademie gaan aan de slag in de kerken en gaan kijken en tekenen. Ze gaan op verkenning en ontdekken zo de kerk en haar geschiedenis. Los van geloof of ongeloof wordt de ervaring met het gebouw, de architectuur en de plaats in de publieke ruimte, weergegeven. Zo brengen zij op geheel eigen wijze ons religieus erfgoed in beeld.
Event Host Building
Sint-Salvator
The Church of the Holy Saviour forms the heart of Booischot, a village within Heist-op-den-Berg. Religious presence here is ancient: a chapel was built in 1410, raised to a chaplaincy in 1418, and enlarged several times over the centuries, until it became an auxiliary church in 1800.
In 1856 the old chapel was taken down and replaced by the present neo-Gothic church, designed by Joseph Schadde and completed in 1863. It is a three-aisled building with a non-projecting transept and a five-sided closed choir. The slender west tower, set before the church, rises in five levels: a square base surmounted by two octagonal levels and an eight-sided spire.
Within, the space is covered by a rib vault. The church preserves several seventeenth-century paintings, including a work from the school of Gaspar de Crayer, while the communion rail and one confessional date from the first half of the eighteenth century. To the north of the church stands the funerary monument of the della Faille de Leverghem family. The building is a protected heritage site.
