Nos événements
Sainte-Anne
Sunday, 5th June 2011
13.00 - 17.00 Open doors
Event Host Building
Sainte-Anne
A chapel dedicated to Saint Anne was built in 1619 in the hamlet of Labliau just a short distance from Marcq. Devotion to this saint grew in the region to such an extent that the building was enlarged in 1690 and became a public oratory in 1803.
A century later, on the site of this old chapel, a church was built and consecrated in1905. It is in brick and limestone with a small porch, a small tower and a pyramidal spire.
The interior is in plaster under a panelled barrel vault. There is a fine polychrome statue of Saint Anne accompanied by the Virgin and Child (17th century). Strangely, on the left of the choir there is clock on the wall. Its origin is uncertain but it was perhaps a gift from a monk at the abbey of Bois Seigneur during the French Revolution.


