Nos événements

Sint-Salvator

Sunday 2 June, 11:00 17:00
Sint-Salvator - 2221 (Booischot)
Image
Sint-Salvator

Paul Van Hemeledonck, conservateur du musée local “Die Swane”, fait une visite guidée de notre église. Sur le thème des émotions, il donnera des explications sur les “obiits” (armoiries funéraires). Les obiits sont inextricablement liés aux émotions liées au décès d'un membre de la famille. Visites guidées gratuites à 13h30, 14h30, 15h30 et 16h30.

Dorpstraat, 2221 Heist-op-den-Berg (Booischot)
02 June 2019 - 11:00 to 17:00

Learn more about the building

Sint-Salvator

Event Host Building

Sint-Salvator

The Church of the Holy Saviour forms the heart of Booischot, a village within Heist-op-den-Berg. Religious presence here is ancient: a chapel was built in 1410, raised to a chaplaincy in 1418, and enlarged several times over the centuries, until it became an auxiliary church in 1800.

In 1856 the old chapel was taken down and replaced by the present neo-Gothic church, designed by Joseph Schadde and completed in 1863. It is a three-aisled building with a non-projecting transept and a five-sided closed choir. The slender west tower, set before the church, rises in five levels: a square base surmounted by two octagonal levels and an eight-sided spire.

Within, the space is covered by a rib vault. The church preserves several seventeenth-century paintings, including a work from the school of Gaspar de Crayer, while the communion rail and one confessional date from the first half of the eighteenth century. To the north of the church stands the funerary monument of the della Faille de Leverghem family. The building is a protected heritage site.

Building profile

Church
Catholic Church