Nos événements
Ode to Joy
Ode aan de Vreugde (Evangelische Liedbundel onder nr. 357)
Vreugde, vreugde, louter vreugde
is bij U van eeuwigheid,
Schepper, die 't heelal verheugde,
bron van eeuw'ge vreugde zijt.
U, die woont in licht en luister
drijft de schaduwen uiteen.
Hij, die zoekend doolt in 't duister,
vindt het licht bij U alleen.
Vader uit mijn diepste wezen
klinkt een loflied u gewijd.
Sterren, eng’len allen eren
U de Heer der heerlijkheid.
Velden, wouden, beken, bergen,
stromen, zeeën, alles juicht.
Vogels, bloemen en fonteinen
alles wat van U getuigt.
Learn more about the building
Event Host Building
Protestant Church Landen (Sint-Gilliskapel)
A castral chapel existed as early as 1280, originally called Quinte Kapellen, referring to the union of the five churches of Attenhoven, Racour, Rumsdorp, Waasmont and St Gertrudis Landen. Saint-Gilles chapel
The Saint-Gilles chapel is located in the valley of the Molenbeek and adjoins the Motte of Rumsdorp, an enclosed structure with an overgrown mound (diameter of 40 metres and a height of 9 metres).
The present chapel was built in 1726 and consecrated on 22 January 1727.
According to a plaque in the facade, the construction was paid for by the tithe lord Lamperti Leodensis. It is a single-naved brick and bluestone volume of three bays with built-in west tower and a polygonal choir to which the sacristy connects.
The tower and sacristy date from the 19th century. A building seam in the side walls confirms this later extension.
Sober classicist, strongly self-contained ensemble with round-arched windows. Noticeable absence of windows in the northern nave wall. Flat wooden ceiling with beams resting on stone consoles.
The Saint Gilles Chapel has been a protected monument since 1999.
Building profile
Hours
Closed
