About this building
The church of Erneuville, located at an altitude of 412m99 as shown on the inscription on its threshold, is made of schist stone. Its origins probably date back to the Middle Ages, as evidenced by the fish stop device (opus spicatum) on some walls.
The building was enlarged successively in 1852 and 1878, and the last improvements were made in 1968. The benches of communion were then removed, and the altar placed in front of the faithful.
The chronogram engraved in the blue stone vault of the front door refers to “1920”. Difficult to...
The church of Erneuville, located at an altitude of 412m99 as shown on the inscription on its threshold, is made of schist stone. Its origins probably date back to the Middle Ages, as evidenced by the fish stop device (opus spicatum) on some walls.
The building was enlarged successively in 1852 and 1878, and the last improvements were made in 1968. The benches of communion were then removed, and the altar placed in front of the faithful.
The chronogram engraved in the blue stone vault of the front door refers to “1920”. Difficult to decipher in its centre, due to the wear and tear of time, it commemorates the date of the consecration of a new altar by Bishop Thomas Heylen.
The history of the parish, placed under the patronage of St. Peter and St. Denis, was marked by Abbots Victor Habran and Max Boeur. The first remained a priest there for 54 years, the second for 32 years.
Remarkable elements
Statue de saint Pierre apôtre
Il tient un livre dans la main droite et des clefs dans la main gauche. C’est une copie exacte...
Il tient un livre dans la main droite et des clefs dans la main gauche. C’est une copie exacte de l’original en chêne (18e s). L’autel en chêne date du début du 16e siècle.
Théothèque (1629)
Cette niche sculptée en granite en forme de petit temple abritait les hosties consacrées. Une...
Cette niche sculptée en granite en forme de petit temple abritait les hosties consacrées. Une ouverture circulaire (oculus) dans le fond la mettait en communication avec l’extérieur et permettait aux paroissiens l’adoration du Saint-Sacrement de nuit comme de jour (et aux lépreux qui n’étaient pas autorisés à fréquenter la population de participer aux offices à partir du cimetière). Aujourd’hui, cet oculus a été déplacé dans le mur de la sacristie, plus récente.
Chaire de vérité
Elle est en chêne sculpté de la 1e moitié du 18e siècle. Elle est ornée de 4 panneaux...
Elle est en chêne sculpté de la 1e moitié du 18e siècle. Elle est ornée de 4 panneaux représentant les 4 évangélistes.
Fonts baptismaux
Ils sont en pierre avec une cuve (Xe-XIe s) dont le couvercle (XXe s) est en laiton. Ils sont...
Ils sont en pierre avec une cuve (Xe-XIe s) dont le couvercle (XXe s) est en laiton. Ils sont surmontés d’un ange réalisé d’après un projet de Louis-Marie Londot (XXe s).
Dalle funéraire en pierre d’Henri Palizov, ancien curé d’Erneuville (1690)
D’une hauteur d’1,50 m, y figurent une inscription funéraire et un calice surmonté de...
D’une hauteur d’1,50 m, y figurent une inscription funéraire et un calice surmonté de l’hostie.
Labels
Hours
Open
To find out more
every three weeks : Saturday 6 pm

















Comments (0)