Nos événements
Discovery of the chapels in Stolzemburg
In the small village of Stolzemburg in the quiet Our valley, known for its copper mine, there are still many small chapels that bear witness to another time when people expressed their faith outside the church walls. These small wayside chapels were not only stations during processions, but also in everyday life people stopped here for a silent prayer or a hasty sign of the cross.
What is it about these chapels? Who looks after their upkeep today?
The guided walk of 2 km with a slight incline leads along 6 wayside chapels and goes exclusively over tarred paths and roads.
Meeting point at 16:00 in front of the church of St. Odo.
Duration: 1 hour
Guide: Félicie Zanter, Kiercheguide
Language: Luxembourgish/German
Registration: no registration is required
Before or after, participants can visit an exhibition about St. Odo, patron saint of the church of Stolzemburg, in the church.
On the Whitsun weekend, there will also be an exhibition in the framework of the annual “KONSCHTOUR”, organised by ViART, in the church of Stolzemburg.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Event Host Building
Saint Odo
Next to it is the neo-Gothic church built in 1885, which was the parish church for the villages of Stolzemburg and Pütscheid until 2017. It was renovated in 1955 and extended by a two-tiered campanile with a simple cross.
The monumentally shaped entrance conceals a portal supported by two columns, on which Christ is depicted with St. Abbot Odo and St. Bishop Elegius. The Gothic choir with cross ribs still dates from the earlier church. Both the nave and the choir are surrounded by a concise ambulatory.
Building profile
Hours
Open
