Nos événements

Saint Martin

Sunday 3 June, 00:00 00:00
Saint Martin - 1930
Image
Saint Martin

Zondag 3 juni 2012

14.30 en 16.00 Geleide bezoeken (ook in de toren)

Gratis
Info : 02 720 65 02 - pauwels.jaak@skynet.be

Kerkplein, 1930 Zaventem
03 June 2012 - 00:00 to 00:00

Learn more about the building

Saint Martin

Event Host Building

Saint Martin

The Gothic church from the 17th century has older foundations underneath the tower that used to belong to a Romanesque church from 1100. There is still a bricked Romanesque entrance in the southern wall. The church was enlarged in the 19th century. It now has a nave, three aisles and one transept. The sacristy was added even later.

The baroque side altars date back to 1750. Other baroque elements, with the exception of a statue of Saint Ambrose, have been removed. The confessionals, the communion rail, the baptismal font and the organ are from the 17th and 18th century. There are also a couple of tombstones from this period. The main altar is more recent (19th century).

Saint Martin, the patron saint, can be found on the painting by Antoon Van Dijck 'Saint Martin dividing his cloak' (1625 or 28). The artist stayed in the city in 1624 (at the Van Dijck house on the Park lane). The reliquary of Saint Martin was made by Philip Dusart in 1735.

Other paintings in the church are “Mission of Jesus in the temple” by Flix Callut and “Martyrdom of Saint Blaise” by Gaspar de Crayer.

KIKIRPA : Photo-library online

Toerisme Vlaams Brabant

Building profile

Church
Romanesque
Catholic Church

Practical information

Disabled access
Disabled access
Toilets
Toilets

Hours

Open

Monday09:00–18:00
Tuesday09:00–18:00
Wednesday09:00–18:00
Thursday09:00–18:00
Friday09:00–18:00
Saturday09:00–16:30
Sunday09:00–16:30
Monday09:00–16:30
Tuesday09:00–16:30
Wednesday09:00–16:30
Thursday09:00–16:30
Friday09:00–16:30
Saturday09:00–16:30
Sunday09:00–16:30