Nos événements
Saint Quentin
Saturday 2 June, 09:00 18:00
Sunday 3 June, 09:00 18:00
Saint Quentin - 7500
Image
Open church : free visit
Grand-Place, 7500 Tournai
02 June 2018 - 09:00 to 18:00
03 June 2018 - 09:00 to 18:00
Event Host Building
Saint Quentin
Located at one end of the Grand-Place, the church's origins are probably linked to the vast Gallo-Roman cemetery that extended over the site of the Grand-Place and a neighbouring district.
Its nave dates back to the late 12th century. Two circular chapels, one of which houses the tomb of Jacques Castaigne (1327), are housed in the corners formed by the nave and transept. The rib-vaulted transept and choir belong to the transition between Romanesque and Gothic. The central tower also dates from the 13th century. Its interior is decorated with a double triforium. The choir, enclosed by a 17th-century marble fence, was surrounded by an ambulatory and several chapels in 1464.
At either end of the nave are two statues forming the so-called Annunciation group: the Virgin Mary and Archangel Gabriel. The sculptures were created by Jean Delemer of Tournai. They are in white Avesnes stone, and the original polychromy is attributed to Robert Campin.
The 36-stop organs were designed by Georges Delmotte in 1986.
Source : City of Tournai
Its nave dates back to the late 12th century. Two circular chapels, one of which houses the tomb of Jacques Castaigne (1327), are housed in the corners formed by the nave and transept. The rib-vaulted transept and choir belong to the transition between Romanesque and Gothic. The central tower also dates from the 13th century. Its interior is decorated with a double triforium. The choir, enclosed by a 17th-century marble fence, was surrounded by an ambulatory and several chapels in 1464.
At either end of the nave are two statues forming the so-called Annunciation group: the Virgin Mary and Archangel Gabriel. The sculptures were created by Jean Delemer of Tournai. They are in white Avesnes stone, and the original polychromy is attributed to Robert Campin.
The 36-stop organs were designed by Georges Delmotte in 1986.
Source : City of Tournai
Building profile
Church
Romanesque
Catholic Church
Add to Favorites
Remove from Favorites
Add to Favorites
Hours
Open
Monday09:00–18:00
Tuesday09:00–18:00
Wednesday09:00–18:00
Thursday09:00–18:00
Friday09:00–18:00
Saturday09:00–18:00
Sunday09:00–18:00
Monday09:00–16:00
Tuesday09:00–16:00
Wednesday09:00–16:00
Thursday09:00–16:00
Friday09:00–16:00
Saturday09:00–16:00
Sunday09:00–16:00
Celebration times
See the updated timetable on the website of our partner Egliseinfo
